my watercolor sketch from this morning at Alta Vista Garden.
Saturday, February 6, 2016
Thursday, January 28, 2016
It was a very pleasant morning at San Diego Zoo. The Flamingos were especially pink. Of course, I was drawing with my especially blue Waterman pen. Interestingly, Flamingos can be blue or green or grey, depending on what they eat (not Waterman ink, of course).
Tuesday, January 26, 2016
On Sunday, January 24th 2016, the San Diego Urban Sketchers Meetup met with the San Clemente Sketchers in Old Town State Historic Park, San Diego. We had a great turnout. Though there was rain in the forecast, the weather was actually quite ideal.
Lydia Velarde documented the event on video:
Posted by J.A.R. Stout at 9:22 PM
Labels: Old Town State Historic Park
Monday, January 18, 2016
I would like to invite more of the San Diego Urban Sketchers to participate as a regional correspondent by posting on our blog (THIS blog). By posting on this site your post will also appear as a link on the right side of the main Urbansketchers.org worldwide blog, as shown in the photo below. To be able to post just send me a message or email and I will add you as an administrator.
Important: Please stick to the UrbanSketcher.org Manifesto when posting.
- We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
- Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
- Our drawings are a record of time and place.
- We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
- We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
- We support each other and draw together.
- We share our drawings online.
- We show the world, one drawing at a time.
Sunday, January 17, 2016
Thursday, December 3, 2015
Patti Prather, a San Diego Urban Sketcher created a group in San Clemente called, "San Clemente Sketchers, Just for Fun". I joined them yesterday at Bella Collina to sketch. I got a cute tip too!